Is online betting safe? is a question that is often asked by those considering placing a wager online. The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, including the jurisdiction in which the bookmaker is licensed, the security features of the website, and the reliability of the bookmaker. One shortcut to have a safer experience is to read reviews and online betting guides to get a pointer to a good safe betting site. This might be a shortcut to ease your process in finding the right bookmakers for you.
It’s not just about finding a trustworthy bookmaker. You also have to be aware of the safety and security risks associated with placing bets on the internet. And this is particularly important for those who use their mobiles or tablets for betting purposes as these devices can be easily lost or stolen and then used by others without your permission in order to make money from them. So how do you find a trusted bookmaker?
Here are some tips that may help:
1) Find out if they’re licensed – There is nothing worse than trusting someone only to later find out they lack all necessary licenses needed for operating in your country and region;
2) Look for certifications – A company that takes security seriously will have achieved cyber security software certification. A good example is the ISO 27001 certification which is awarded to firms that can prove they are safe and secure online. Also, look for SSL certificates where you want to play on a site with encryption;
3) Check out the terms and conditions – There are numerous hidden clauses in the T&C’s of bookies which could cause you problems later on. Ensure everything is clear and above board before placing bets;
4) Is your ISP safe? – You want to know that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also secure as this may affect your betting experience. Also, if your ISP is compromised it may lead to an attack on your computer;
5) Check out the bookmaker’s history – Do not place bets with a company that has little or no history in this business. You want to give your money to someone who is well respected in the industry and will change their T&C’s when required;
6) Check out the bookie’s software – If you’re using an online betting exchange, always check that it is licensed and regulated by your local government to operate. Typically European exchanges are in the forefront of technology when it comes to security features designed to keep you safe;
7) Take advantage of bonus offers – Bonuses are not just an incentive to get you to place bets, they are also a way for bookies to win your trust. They do this by ensuring that the rules are clearly spelled out so you know what you’re getting into. And if there is any confusion regarding how it operates, check with customer support before placing your bets;
The internet has all sorts of dangers, but it also offers a wealth of opportunities that are not available to the masses. If you want to take advantage of these opportunities and avoid the pitfalls inherent in using this technology, follow our tips for finding trustworthy bookmakers online. We’ve provided 8 pointers that should help you find a reputable company with reliable software that won’t put your personal data at risk or go out of business overnight.