Firefighters called after snake causes house fire - The Leamington Observer

Firefighters called after snake causes house fire

Leamington Editorial 15th May, 2017   0

A SNAKE wrapped around a heat lamp has caused a house fire in Napton.

Neighbours raised the alarm around 4.30pm on Friday (May 12) when they saw smoke billowing from the High Street property, which was unoccupied at the time.

Firefighters discovered the 3ft corn snake wrapped around the tank’s heat lamp, causing it to overheat.

The crew reported some smoke damage to the room and said the reptile ‘did not fair too well.’




Advertising

Advertise with the Leamington Observer to reach your audience

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.