BUS services across Warwickshire will increase from July 4.
Stagecoach Midlands announced it will increase service levels in Leamington, Stratford, Coventry and Nuneaton to provide extra capacity as lockdown continues to be eased.
Emergency timetables were introduced in March to help key workers get to and from work and for other essential journeys. Bus service levels have gradually been increasing ever since, with some back to near normal levels.
Stagecoach says buses will be cleaned daily, with a particular focus on key touch points, and additional in-service cleaning where possible.
The bus operator is also encouraging passengers to wear a face covering, and for those exempt to apply for a journey assistance card on its website.
Mark Whitelocks, managing director of Stagecoach Midlands, said: “We have been working really hard to manage our service levels and in June we significantly stepped these up.
“The latest changes are about further increasing services, where we’re seeing the most usage on the network.
“It ensures we are putting in enough capacity so our customers can have confidence about travelling safely with us, as we continue adapting as lockdown restrictions are lifted.”
The latest changes include:
- Route 1 (Leamington to Warwick) – buses running up to every 12 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Route X19 (Stratford to Redditch) – buses will no longer serve High St, Church St or Henley St in Alcester. Buses will run between Alcester Police Station and Conway Estate via School Rd. Minor changes to times in Alcester town.
- Route X77 (Leamington to JLR Gaydon) – minor timetable changes in the afternoon.
- Route 48C (Nuneaton and Bedworth to Coventry) – buses will run up to every 12 minutes
- Service 48L (Nuneaton to Leicester) – buses will run up to every 20 minutes
- Route 55 (Nuneaton, George Eliot Hospital, Bedworth, Ash Green & Coventry) – buses will be slightly retimed to provide a 20 minute service between Bedworth, Ash Green and Coventry when combined with the enhanced 56
- Route 56 (Nuneaton, Whitestone, Bulkington, Bedworth, Ash Green & Coventry) – buses will run up to every 30 minutes throughout the day. When combined with a slightly retimed route 55, this provides a 20 minute service between Bedworth, Ash Green and Coventry.
Visit www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/midlands/government-coronavirus-measures–changes-to-bus-services-warks for more information.
Visit www.stagecoachbus.com/news/national/2020/may/10-point-guide-to-travelling-safely for Stagecoach’s guide to safely using bus services.