Chickens perish in 'devastating' allotment fire - The Leamington Observer

Chickens perish in 'devastating' allotment fire

Leamington Editorial 21st May, 2018 Updated: 22nd May, 2018   0

A NUMBER of chickens perished in a fire which ripped through allotments in Leamington.

The crew managed to save some of the chickens at the site off Northumberland Road after an unattended bonfire destroyed a number of allotments sheds on Friday.

A number of propane cylinders were caught up in the blaze and were cooled and made safe by crews.

Fire chiefs have warned leaving bonfires unattended can lead to ‘devastating consequences’.




A spokesperson advised to always ensure the area around the fire is clear before lighting, and to have an extinguisher or hose to hand.


Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Leamington Observer.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Leamington Observer.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.