29th May, 2017

Firefighters called to dishwasher blaze in Leamington

Leamington Editorial 7th Aug, 2016 Updated: 28th Oct, 2016

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a dishwasher set alight in Leamington.

Crews were called to a house in Offa Road at around 12.30pm on Saturday (August 6).

Hoses, breathing apparatus, thermal imaging camera and a specialist fan were needed to clear the smoke and put out the blaze.

A spokesman from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Leamington were mobilised. Crews confirmed that dishwasher was on fire in domestic property affecting the kitchen area.

“All crews had returned to station by 2pm.”