Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze at Warwick University student halls - The Leamington Observer

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze at Warwick University student halls

Leamington Editorial 24th Oct, 2019   0

STUDENTS were forced to evacuate their Warwick University halls as a fire took hold in a fourth floor kitchen.

Firefighters were called to the halls at 9.30pm last night (Wednesday) to tackle the blaze after a pan was left unattended on a stove.

The students on the floor escaped to safety, with around 40 having evacuated the building before crews arrived.

A post on the Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service Facebook page warned: “Never leave cooking unattended not even for short moment, fires start when your attention stops.”




Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Leamington Observer.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.