DOG owners who walk their pets at Victoria Park are urged to be vigilant after four dogs were taken to the vets with suspected poisoning.
Rainsbrook Vets say they have had a number of dogs taken in this morning (Thursday January 26) suffering with symptoms of poisoning.
They are urging owners to look out for food lying around while walking at the park and to keep an eye on their dog if they have been for a walk.
Warwick District Council said they are investigating the incident and their contractors and green spaces team have visited the park to check the area for anything that may cause harm to the public. They have also placed signs at the entrances.
A spokesman said: “We have had four dogs belonging to three different owners brought in with suspected poisoning after exercising at Victoria Park this morning.
“We have informed local authorities, but we need dog owners to be vigilant for any food lying around. We do not have any further information at this time as all owners at this moment are obviously quite distressed.
“If you have been to Victoria Park today and your dog is showing signs of shaking or twitching or any other unusual symptoms, please contact your local veterinary surgery.”