Results into Victoria Park dog poisonings say illness was down to mouldy food - The Leamington Observer

Results into Victoria Park dog poisonings say illness was down to mouldy food

Leamington Editorial 17th Feb, 2017   0

DOGS which had to be rushed to the vets with suspected poisoning at Victoria Park were found to have eaten mouldy food.

Four dogs needed urgent veterinary care on January 26 after they began to show symptoms of poisoning.

The only thing on common between the pets was that they had been walked at Victoria Park earlier that morning.

And now toxicity tests results have come back, revealing the source of the illness came from the dogs eating ‘off food’. Fermented foods produce mould and which when ingested can produce similar signs to eating poisonous slug bait.




No other chemicals were detected in the tests.


Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Leamington Observer.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.